Friday 10 June 2011

Let me tell you about my journey

So, I called my blog a journey. Today I want to share some of that with you.
Preamble....Monday I had a great visit with my good friend Meme whom I hadn't seen in quite a while.  As we were catching up on each other's lives I did a trip down memory lane over the last three years or so. That is when events took place in my life that changed so much, so quickly and irrevocably. At the time it was devastating and painful, and there are still some remnants of pain here and there. But in retrospect I want to share some things I learned.

1) Take the time to heal. Though our wounds may not be physical, we still need to take time to allow ourselves to heal

2) Allow yourself......Often we get busy, caught up taking care of other people, etc, and we don't allow ourselves what it is we need, whether that is to take some time away, extra sleep, time to weep, time with good friends or time alone. You are worth it! Allow yourself.

3) Protect yourself. We have all spoken to well intentioned people who have said or done something very insensitive. When you are raw and vulnerable, protect yourself from those people. Keep close those you trust. You have the right to protect your body and mind and spirit.

At this moment, I just have to say a huge thank you to all the beautiful, trustworthy friends in my life who also kept guard over me! I love you deeply!

I'd love to hear about your journey! Do you have tips you want to share?

On a different note, I bought 3 cans of mistinted paint! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment